Emergency Electrician Available 24 Hours a Day for Urgent Electrical Faults and Problems.
Call Now! 07782 805852
An RCD can react if there is a sudden rise in electrical current use or leakage current, due to the contents of your refrigerator or freezer thawing out.
An appliance with poor connections can sometimes cause an electrical surge. If this happens, the RCD will trip and reset as it is designed to do. Electricity supply should return to normal shortly afterwards.
Moisture from outside electrical boxes or sockets can cause the RCD to trip. It is important to detect moisture in the socket box as soon as possible. Exterior electrical terminal boxes and outlets should be periodically checked for moisture; signs of moisture may include weather-sealed cases that have deteriorated and/or reset switches that trip randomly.
Spikes can also happen due to faulty or poorly connected equipment, such older appliances like washers and dryers. Motors and pumps are more likely to cause RCD trips if there is an association between the frequency/time of surges, and the use of the appliance.
A sudden surge of electricity can cause injury or even damage. These spikes can be caused by lightning strikes, electrical faults, power tools, appliances with motors or pumps, old washing machines and dryers and so on.
A faulty component in your central heating could cause RCD trips. RCD trips may be triggered when the faulty heating component turns on and then off repeatedly. If your home experiences frequent or extended RCD trips, it could cause permanent damage to its electrical equipment.
It is essential to maintain a high level of electrical safety. Contact Gigi Emergency Electrician at 07782 805852 Your local emergency electrician serving Catshill and Brownhills, Newtown WS8 6, Pelsall, Aldridge
Ohhhhh! The fuse box tripped yet again. Right in the middle of the game? It can be annoying if your fuse panel keeps tripping despite not knowing why. If your fuse box keeps tripping, it could be an indication that you have a faulty wiring or appliance. You could reset it each time it trips. You could also identify the source of the problem, and fix it once for all.
If you live in a home, your fuse box, or consumer unit as electricians refer to it, is normally located on the ground floor, under the stairs. You should keep the area around your unit clean to make it easy to access in case of an emergency. If you live in an apartment, the unit is typically higher up on a wall of your hallway.
A fuse box is absolutely vital to the safety of your household (sort of like the gatekeeper between you and all the electrical currents coming into your home from the mains electricity supply).
These currents can prove to be deadly if they cause a fault. Without circuit breakers and fuse box, electrical fires, shocks and other types of accidents are all too common in modern homes.
If your fuse box panel is open, you can check to see if it has fuses. Circuit breakers look similar to a row if switches or levers. Fuses are a bit more modern. They are round and screw into sockets in the same way as little light bulbs.
Label your circuit breakers/fuses clearly. If they’re not labeled, mark them up with the room where they will be used. You will be remembered by your future self in case a circuit breaks.
A professional electrician is required to repair any major electrical faults in your home. It’s important to switch off all electrical appliances and unplug them all. If you have fuse box problems in Brownhills, Newtown WS8 6, Pelsall, Aldridge, call Gigi Emergency Electrician today! 07782 805852
MCBs or Miniature Circuit Breakers are protective electromagnetic devices that act as a switch in a circuit. They automatically open the circuit whenever they sense the current passing over the circuit has crossed a certain limit or value. You can also use the device as a manual on/off switch.
These devices are also called time delay tripping devices. They trip and shut off the system when an overcurrent flows for a longer duration and poses a risk to the whole circuit. These devices can be triggered and stopped by the power supply if there is a short circuit.
In an electrical system ‘Fault’ is the condition which arises due to the malfunctioning of some component or wrong electrical practice. A fault can lead directly to an unsafe situation, such as explosions and fire, if it is not fixed promptly. The fault also continuously damages the system’s health, leading to high energy loss, increased thermal stress, and a decreased system health.
Faults can be dangerous to the system and must be fixed as soon as possible. This device is needed to not only clear the fault but also to reduce the opening time to minimize thermal stress.
A protection device called MCB (miniature circuit breaker) that offers protection against overload and short-circuit is the MCB. It has a bimetal & a single-ended coil that trips the MCB in cases of Overload & Short Circuit. In accordance with IEC 600898-1, MCB will be used to reduce ratings below 0.5125A.
These security devices not only save your electrical gadgets or appliances, but also protect the wiring throughout the house. So, whenever an MCB trips there is a serious reason behind it and should be dealt cautiously.
A typical electrical fire or short emits a metallic, or burning copper, smell. Sometimes, you may smell plasticized rubber mixed with burning rubber. This is not a joke as it indicates that something is too full. For advice, turn off the main power and immediately call your electrician. They will let you know how serious the issue is and if you should call the fire department or not.
Sometimes, an electrical smell could be caused by a device you have plugged and not your entire system.
It’s not easy to describe how it smells. It is a combination of all of the above. You will never forget what it smells like. It is an electrician’s worst nightmare.
You can have electrical fires in any size and location. Copper and metallic wires form the wiring that runs power through plugs, outlets, lights and TVs.
Depending on where they are situated in relation one another, they could cause the same “burning-copper” odor. Or different smells due heat difference.
Below are some reasons you may detect an electrical burning smell in your home.
1. Overload- when too much current passes through a circuit at the same time. It causes wires and cables to heat up and catch fire.
2. Short circuiting is when electricity gets trapped in one wire and flows to another wire. This can cause a short-circuit which can lead a fire.
3. Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). These breakers detect if electric current is flowing into the ground and bring it down before damage occurs.
4. Faulty wiring – This can be caused by water and ice, or by someone tripping over your electric cord.
Electricity and fire are a dangerous combination. It is very common to have electrical fires in your home. Electrical fires may occur when older homes have too many outlets or extension cables.
If you detect a fishy smell, don’t hesitate calling Gigi Emergency Electrician or 07782 805852 as it could be dangerous.
During a power outage, make sure that all your heating appliances, cookers, grills, and fireplaces are turned off and are clear of debris. When power is restored, everything that is left on will start working again, which could cause a fire or electric shock. If possible, turn off all the unnecessary items.
If your neighbors do not have power or street lights are out, a power cut is likely in your area.
Get the latest information on a power outage by calling 105. It should also be possible for them to let you know when the power will be restored.
If your neighbors still have power or the street lights are still on, you may need to replace your fuses or switches.
If it’s an electrical issue, call a professional right away.
Your circuit breaker might be defective if you frequently experience power outages in your home or if a blown fuse cuts off power to your entire house. In spite of its design to cut power when surges or anomalies are detected, frequent outages could indicate that the breaker is faulty. An electrician can identify the root of the problem to get it fixed for you.
You can typically count on your local emergency electrician when there is no warning or the luxury of scheduling an appointment.
Looking For An Electrician To Fix Your MCB
Call Now! 07782 805852