We Offer 24 Hour Emergency Electric Service
Call Now! 07782 805852
An RCD is capable of reacting to an unexpected rise in electrical current usage or leakage potential, which can be caused by the contents of your fridge or freezer thawing.
A poor connection can occasionally cause a surge in electricity supply. If this happens, the RCD will trip and reset as it is designed to do. The electricity supply should be restored to normal within a few hours.
Moisture inside electrical boxes and sockets may cause a trip to the RCD. It is vital that you detect moisture in your socket box early on. You should inspect exterior electrical socket boxes and outlets for moisture. Signs of moisture include weather-sealed boxes that have become brittle or reset switches that are not working correctly.
Spikes can also be the result of poorly maintained or incorrectly connected equipment such as older electrical appliances, such as washing machines and dryers, which can cause the power to surge. In the case of motors or pumps, if surge frequency and time are correlated, then the RCD trip was most likely caused by the appliance.
Trips are triggered when there is a sudden spike of electricity that can cause injury or damage. These spikes may be caused by lightning strikes and appliance electrical faults.
A faulty component in your central heating could cause RCD trips. RCD trips are often caused by the defective part turning on and off repeatedly. This can lead to false alarms. If you have a defective component that causes frequent or long-lasting RCD trips in your home, permanent damage can be done to your electrical equipment.
A high level of safety in electrical wiring is vital. Contact Gigi Emergency Electrician at 07782 805852 Your local emergency electrician serving Hateley Heath and Hall Green B71 2, Charlemont, Lyndon
Ohhhhh! The fuse box tripped yet again. The fuse box tripped again right in middle of the game. If your fuse box keeps on tripping, it can be frustrating. It’s a sign that somewhere in your home you might be harbouring a faulty electrical appliance or wiring. You could reset it each time it trips. Or, you can find the culprit causing the problem and fix it once and for all.
Your fuse box (or, as electricians prefer to call it, your consumer unit) is usually located on the ground-floor if you live in house. If not, it will be under the stairs. To make sure you have easy access to the switches in an emergency, keep the area close to your consumer unit. The unit will be higher up if you live in a flat.
A fuse box is absolutely vital to the safety of your household (sort of like the gatekeeper between you and all the electrical currents coming into your home from the mains electricity supply).
These currents can be dangerous and could cause a fatality if there is a fault or surge. The fuse box detects unusual activity and cuts off electricity flow to the circuit if it becomes too high. Electrical fires, electric shocks and other accidents would happen all too frequently if modern homes weren’t fitted with fuse boxes or circuit breakers.
Open your fuse panel panel to check if you have circuit breakers and fuses. Circuit breakers appear like a row of switches or levers. Fuses are a bit more modern. They are round and screw into sockets in the same way as little light bulbs.
Label your circuit breakers/fuses clearly. If they’re not labeled, mark them up with the room where they will be used. Your future self will thank you if a circuit ever breaks.
A professional electrician must be called in if there is a major electrical problem. It is important to turn off the power and unplug any equipment you are using to make sure there is no live current. If you have fuse box problems in Hall Green B71 2, Charlemont, Lyndon, Friar Park, Wednesbury, call Gigi Emergency Electrician today! 07782 805852
MCBs or Miniature Circuit Breakers are protective electromagnetic devices that act as a switch in a circuit. They automatically open the circuit whenever they sense the current passing over the circuit has crossed a certain limit or value. This device can also serve as a standard on/off switch.
MCBs are also known as time delay tripping devices which trip and shut down the system whenever there is an overcurrent flowing for a longer period of time and there is a danger to the entire circuit. However, in the case of short-circuits, these devices can trip and stop the power supply within 2.5 milliseconds.
Fault is an error or malfunction in an electrical system. Faults can cause serious problems such as fire and explosion if they are not dealt with promptly. Additionally, faults that remain in an electrical system for too long can damage the system’s health. This can result in high energy losses, which in turn causes increased thermal stress.
Faults are dangerous and must be removed as soon possible.
A protection device called MCB (miniature circuit breaker) that offers protection against overload and short-circuit is the MCB. It includes a bimetal & a solenoid coil which trips the MCB in case of Overload & Short Circuit respectively. In accordance with IEC 600898-1, MCB will be used to reduce ratings below 0.5125A.
These security devices not only save your electrical gadgets or appliances, but also protect the wiring throughout the house. If an MCB trip occurs, it is a sign that there is a serious problem and should be addressed immediately.
On average an electrical fire or short has a distinct burning copper or metal smell to it. You may also smell burning rubber mixed with plastic. This is not a joke as it indicates that something is too full. You should immediately turn off your main power supply and contact your electrician for assistance. They can let you know if the issue is serious and if you should contact the fire department.
Sometimes the electrical smell is caused by an item you have plugged in, and not your system.
It’s not easy to describe how it smells. It is a blend of all of the above. Once you smell it you will never forget it. It is an electrician’s worst nightmare.
You can have electrical fires in any size and location. The wiring that feeds power through outlets, switches, plugs, lights, TVs and other devices is made up of both copper and metal wires which give off a distinctive smell when they are damaged by heat or overloading of electricity (this includes damaged insulation).
Depending on the location of these wires in relation to each other, they may produce the same “burning copper” odor or different smells because of temperature differences.
Here are some possible causes of an electrical burning smell in the home.
1. Overload- This is when too much current flows through a circuit at one time, leading to wires heating up and catching fire.
2. Short circuiting is when electricity gets trapped in one wire and flows to another wire. This can cause a short-circuit which can lead a fire.
3. Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) – These breakers detect if any electric current is flowing to your ground and turn it off before you cause damage.
4. Faulty wiring – This can be caused by water and ice, or by someone tripping over your electric cord.
A dangerous combination of electricity and fire is the combination. Electric fires are very common in houses. Electrical fires can occur in older homes that have many extension cords or outlets.
Do not hesitate to call Gigi Emergency Electrician on 07782 805852 if you suspect that there is an electrical smell. It could be toxic.
Check your appliances that use heat and turn them off and clear debris from them when the power is out. If possible, turn off everything if you do not need it, as what was switched on will start working again when the power is restored, potentially leading to a fire or electric shock.
If your neighbors do not have power or street lights are out, a power cut is likely in your area.
The latest power cut information is available by dialing 105. If they are able to tell you when the power will be restored, they should let you know.
If your neighbours still have power or the street lights are still on, there could be an issue with your fuses or switches.
If it’s an electrical issue, call a professional right away.
When you frequently lose power in your home or your fuse trips, power could be cut to your entire house due to circuit breaker problems. In spite of its design to cut power when surges or anomalies are detected, frequent outages could indicate that the breaker is faulty. It is the electrician’s job to find the root of the problem and fix it.
In a lot of situations we don’t have warning and the luxury to book in for appointment for help, however trust your local emergency electrician.
Need An Electrician To Locate An Electrical Burning Smell
Call Now! 07782 805852