Emergency Electricians Available 24 Hours a Day to Deal With Electrical Issues.
Call Now! 07782 805852
An RCD can react if there is a sudden rise in electrical current use or leakage current, due to the contents of your refrigerator or freezer thawing out.
Occasionally, a poorly connected appliance can cause a spike in electricity supply. If this happens, then the RCD will trip and restart as it is supposed to. Electricity supply should return to normal shortly afterwards.
Moisture can cause trip by the RCD if it gets into sockets and electrical boxes outside. It is crucial that moisture be detected in socket boxes early. You should inspect exterior electrical socket boxes and outlets for moisture. Signs of moisture include weather-sealed boxes that have become brittle or reset switches that are not working correctly.
Spikes could also be caused by older electrical appliances, such washing machines or dryers that have been improperly connected or not maintained. Motors and pumps are more likely to cause RCD trips if there is an association between the frequency/time of surges, and the use of the appliance.
This happens when there is a sudden surge in electricity. It can cause severe injury or property damage. These spikes can be caused by lightning strikes, electrical faults, power tools, appliances with motors or pumps, old washing machines and dryers and so on.
RCD trips may be caused if a component of your central heating is defective. RCD trips can be triggered by the faulty component turning on and off frequently, which could lead to false alarms. Electrical equipment could sustain permanent damage if it experiences repeated or prolonged RCD trip due to a defective component.
Maintaining an excellent standard of electrical safety is important. Contact Gigi Emergency Electrician at 07782 805852 Your local emergency electrician serving Sparkbrook and Spring Vale B10 0, Bordesley Green, Highgate, Moseley B13 9, Birmingham
Ohhhhh! The fuse box tripped yet again. Right in the middle of the game? If your fuse box keeps on tripping, it can be frustrating. It’s a sign that somewhere in your home you might be harbouring a faulty electrical appliance or wiring. It’s possible to reset it every time it trips. Or, you can find the culprit causing the problem and fix it once and for all.
If you live in a home, your fuse box, or consumer unit as electricians refer to it, is normally located on the ground floor, under the stairs. Clear the area around the consumer unit so that it is easy to reach in an emergency. If you live at the top of a block, your unit will usually be higher than the wall.
A fuse box is vital for the safety of your household. It acts as a gatekeeper between your house and the mains electricity supply.
These currents could be fatally dangerous if a fault or surge occurs, so the fuse box works by detecting any unusual activity and then cutting off the flow of electricity through that circuit if it gets too high. Fuse boxes and circuit breakers are essential in modern homes. Electrical fires, electrocutions and other unfortunate events would not occur as often.
When you open your fuse box panel, you’ll be able to see if you have fuses or circuit breakers. Circuit breakers appear like a row of switches or levers. Fuses are more traditional. They’re round, and screw into sockets much like tiny light bulbs.
If your circuit breakers or fuses aren’t clearly labelled, do yourself a favour and mark them up according to what room and which lights and sockets go off when you switch them on. You’ll be a blessing to your future self if you ever have to replace a circuit.
A professional electrician is required to repair any major electrical faults in your home. The most important thing to remember is to switch off and unplug whatever it is you need to work on so there’s no danger of a live current and call Gigi Emergency Electrician at 07782 805852 If you have fuse box problems in Spring Vale B10 0, Bordesley Green, Highgate, Moseley B13 9, Birmingham, call Gigi Emergency Electrician today! 07782 805852
Miniature Circuit Breakers or MCBs are protective electromagnetic devices which act as switches in a circuit. When the current passes over the circuit’s limit, they automatically open it. This device can also serve as a standard on/off switch.
The MCBs, also known as time delay-tripping devices, trip the system when there is an excessive current flowing for a longer time or if the circuit is in danger. These devices can be triggered and stopped by the power supply if there is a short circuit.
In an electrical system ‘Fault’ is the condition which arises due to the malfunctioning of some component or wrong electrical practice. If not addressed promptly, a fault can lead to an extremely dangerous situation like explosion and fire.
Faults present a risk to the system. They must be addressed as soon as possible.
The Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) is a protection device designed to protect against overload and/or short circuit. It has a bimetal & a single-ended coil that trips the MCB in cases of Overload & Short Circuit. Conforming with IEC 60898-1 MCB is used to lower ratings from 0.5125A.
They act as security devices and protect not only electrical appliances but the wiring in your entire house. An MCB trip should not be taken lightly.
On average an electrical fire or short has a distinct burning copper or metal smell to it. It is possible to smell rubber mixed with plastic. This could be a sign that something is overloaded. You should immediately turn off your main power supply and contact your electrician for assistance. They will let you know how serious the issue is and if you should call the fire department or not.
Sometimes the electrical smell is caused by an item you have plugged in, and not your system.
Although it is difficult to describe what it actually smells like. The answer is a combination of all of the above You will never forget what it smells like. Ultimately, it’s an electrician’s worst nightmare.
An electrical fire can be small or large, and it can occur in many places around your home. The wiring that feeds power through outlets, switches, plugs, lights, TVs and other devices is made up of both copper and metal wires which give off a distinctive smell when they are damaged by heat or overloading of electricity (this includes damaged insulation).
Depending on their location in relation to one other, they can produce the same “burning Copper” smell or different smells due temperature difference.
Below are some reasons you may detect an electrical burning smell in your home.
1. Overload is when too many currents are flowing through a circuit simultaneously. This causes the wires to heat up, and can cause them to catch fire.
2. Short circuiting – This is when electricity becomes stuck in one wire. It flows into another wire. This can lead to short circuits that can ignite.
3. Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) – These breakers detect if any electric current is flowing to your ground and turn it off before you cause damage.
4. Faulty wiring – This can be caused by water and ice, or by someone tripping over your electric cord.
Electricity and fire are a dangerous combination. Houses are prone to electrical fires. If you have an older home with many outlets or extension cords, electrical fires can be the result of these things being overloaded.
Do not hesitate to call Gigi Emergency Electrician on 07782 805852 if you suspect that there is an electrical smell. It could be toxic.
When the power goes out, ensure that all your heaters, cookers, grills, and other heating appliances are off and clear of debris. Turn off everything that is unnecessary, as anything that is turned on could start working again once the power has been restored, which could cause a fire or electric shock.
You may have a power outage if your neighbors are without power or if the street lights are off.
When you have a power cut, call 105 to find out what’s happening. They may also be able to let you know when the power will come back on.
Your fuses or switches may be malfunctioning if your neighbors still have power and the street lights are on.
If you think there’s a fault with your appliances, fuse box or wiring, get a qualified electrician to fix it.
When power outages happen frequently in your home or a tripped fuse cuts power to your entire house, there could be a problem with your circuit breaker. In spite of its design to cut power when surges or anomalies are detected, frequent outages could indicate that the breaker is faulty. It is the electrician’s job to find the root of the problem and fix it.
Sometimes we don’t have the luxury of time to schedule an appointment for help, so trust your local electrician to help you when you need it.
Looking For An Electrician That Has Fast Response
Call Now! 07782 805852