Electricians Available 24/7
Call Now! 07782 805852
An RCD may react to sudden increases in electrical current or leakage current due to freezer or refrigerator contents thawing.
A poor connection can occasionally cause a surge in electricity supply. If this happens, then the RCD will trip and restart as it is supposed to. Shortly thereafter, electricity supply should return to normal.
Moisture inside electrical boxes and sockets may cause a trip to the RCD. It is vital that you detect moisture in your socket box early on. You should inspect exterior electrical socket boxes and outlets for moisture. Signs of moisture include weather-sealed boxes that have become brittle or reset switches that are not working correctly.
Spikes can also be the result of poorly maintained or incorrectly connected equipment such as older electrical appliances, such as washing machines and dryers, which can cause the power to surge. With motors and pumps, if there is a correlation between the frequency/time of surges and use of an appliance, then it is most likely that that appliance was causing the RCD trip.
Trips are triggered when there is a sudden spike of electricity that can cause injury or damage. These spikes can be caused by lightning strikes, electrical faults, power tools, appliances with motors or pumps, old washing machines and dryers and so on.
RCD trips could be caused by a faulty component of your central heating. RCD trips may be triggered when the faulty heating component turns on and then off repeatedly. If you experience frequent or prolonged RCD-trips due to a malfunctioning component, your home could suffer permanent damage.
Maintaining a high standard of electrical safety is crucial. Schedule An Appointment With Gigi Emergency Electrician at 07782 805852 Your local emergency electrician serving Northfield and Longbridge, Bartley Green, Bournville, Selly Oak, Kings Norton, Stirchley, Harborne
Ohhhhh! The fuse box tripped again. You were in the middle of the game. It can be frustrating to have your fuse box keep tripping while you are playing. It could indicate that your wiring or appliances are faulty. So… you could just reset it every time it trips. Or you can identify the problem and fix the issue immediately.
If you live in a home, your fuse box, or consumer unit as electricians refer to it, is normally located on the ground floor, under the stairs. You should keep the area around your unit clean to make it easy to access in case of an emergency. If you live in an apartment, the unit is typically higher up on a wall of your hallway.
A fuse box is vital for the safety of your household. It acts as a gatekeeper between your house and the mains electricity supply.
These currents can be dangerous and could cause a fatality if there is a fault or surge. The fuse box detects unusual activity and cuts off electricity flow to the circuit if it becomes too high. If modern homes didn’t have circuit breakers and fuse boxes, electrical fires and electric shocks would be all too common.
Open your fuse panel panel to check if you have circuit breakers and fuses. Circuit breakers look similar to a row if switches or levers. Fuses are more traditional. They’re round, and screw into sockets much like tiny light bulbs.
If you don’t have a label for your circuit breakers, fuses or switches, make sure to mark them according the location of which light sockets and lights they activate when they turn on. You will be remembered by your future self in case a circuit breaks.
An electrician should be able to fix any electrical problems in your house. It’s important to switch off all electrical appliances and unplug them all. If you have fuse box problems in Longbridge, Bartley Green, Bournville, call Gigi Emergency Electrician today! 07782 805852
Miniature Circuit Breakers (MCBs) are protective electromagnetic devices. They act as a switch within a circuit. They open the circuit automatically when the current passing through it exceeds a set limit. The device can also be used as a normal on and off switch manually.
The MCBs, also known as time delay-tripping devices, trip the system when there is an excessive current flowing for a longer time or if the circuit is in danger. However, in the case of short-circuits, these devices can trip and stop the power supply within 2.5 milliseconds.
A fault is an electrical condition that arises from a malfunction of a component or improper electrical practice. A fault can lead directly to an unsafe situation, such as explosions and fire, if it is not fixed promptly. The fault also continuously damages the system’s health, leading to high energy loss, increased thermal stress, and a decreased system health.
Faults present a risk to the system. They must be addressed as soon as possible.
The Miniature Circuit Breaker (MCB) is a protection device designed to protect against overload and/or short circuit. It contains a bimetal & a solenoid coil, which trip the MCB in the event of Overload & Short Circuit. In accordance with IEC 600898-1, MCB will be used to reduce ratings below 0.5125A.
They are safety devices that can not only protect electrical appliances and gadgets but also the wiring of the house. An MCB trip should not be taken lightly.
A typical electrical fire or short emits a metallic, or burning copper, smell. Sometimes, you may smell plasticized rubber mixed with burning rubber. This is not a joke as it indicates that something is too full. For advice, turn off the main power and immediately call your electrician. They will inform you of the severity of the problem, and advise you if it is time to call the fire department.
Sometimes, an electrical smell could be caused by a device you have plugged and not your entire system.
It is hard to describe the smell. It’s a mixture of all the above. You will never forget what it smells like. The worst nightmare of an electrician is an electrical burning smell.
There are many locations where electrical fires can be found. They can be anywhere from small to large. Copper and metal wires are what feed power to outlets, switches, plugs lights, TVs, and other devices. They emit a distinct smell when damaged by heat or over-use of electricity (which includes damaged insulation).
Depending on the location of these wires in relation to each other, they may produce the same “burning copper” odor or different smells because of temperature differences.
Here are some signs that you might have an electrical burning odour in your home.
1. Overload- when too much current passes through a circuit at the same time. It causes wires and cables to heat up and catch fire.
2. Short circuiting- When electricity is trapped in one wire but flows into another wire it causes a short circuit, which can result in a fire.
3. Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI). These breakers detect if electric current is flowing into the ground and bring it down before damage occurs.
4. Faulty Wiring- This could be caused by water, ice, or someone tripping over your cord.
A dangerous combination of electricity and fire is the combination. It is very common to have electrical fires in your home. Overloaded outlets and extension cords in older homes can lead to electrical fires.
Do not hesitate to call Gigi Emergency Electrician on 07782 805852 if you suspect that there is an electrical smell. It could be toxic.
During a power outage, make sure that all your heating appliances, cookers, grills, and fireplaces are turned off and are clear of debris. Turn off everything that is unnecessary, as anything that is turned on could start working again once the power has been restored, which could cause a fire or electric shock.
You may be suffering from a power outage if your neighbours’ lights do not work or your streetlights are out.
If you have a power cut, call 105 to get up-to-date information. If they are able to tell you when the power will be restored, they should let you know.
There could be a problem with your fuses or switches if your neighbors still have power.
If you suspect that something is wrong with one of your appliances, the fuse box, or the wiring, contact a qualified electrician.
Your circuit breaker might be defective if you frequently experience power outages in your home or if a blown fuse cuts off power to your entire house. In spite of its design to cut power when surges or anomalies are detected, frequent outages could indicate that the breaker is faulty. To get a problem resolved, you need an electrician to identify the root cause.
In a lot of situations we don’t have warning and the luxury to book in for appointment for help, however trust your local emergency electrician.
Looking For An Electrician To Identify Electric Shower Faults
Call Now! 07782 805852